Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
4 chicken breast halves
2tbsp unsalted butter
3tbsp shallots, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1½ cup portobello mushrooms
¼ tsp thyme, dried
¼ cup cabernet wine
¾ cup Madiera, Marsala or
1.5 oz packageDemi-Glace,
veal or beef (available @
¼ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp parsley
2 tsp Italian seasoning
½ cup flour
1) Heat oil in a medium non stick sautee pan.
2) Combine flour and italian seasoning then dredge chicken in flour mixture, shake off excess then place in hot skillet.
3) Sautee over medium heat until done, flipping as needed, about 15-20 minutes per side.
-----While chicken is cooking-----
4) Over medium heat, melt butter in a medium sautee pan. Add shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. Sautee until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
5) Add pepper, thyme and Cabernet. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
6) Add Marsala wine and bring to a boil.
7) Add demi-glace, whisking until dissolved then whisk in heavy cream and a little flour too thicken (½ tbsp at a time).
--If desired, pour sauce through a fine strainer into a clean pot, pressing to extract liquid--
8) Stir in parsley, add hot water, 1 tbsp at a time, if sauce is too thick.
9) Plate chicken and spoon sauce over chicken, serve immediately.